Wednesday, March 25, 2009

More evidence that I'm not ' a nice Christian lady'

Got a note from a friend today, where I had inquired about a girl that Meredith knew back in her TeenPact years. The young lady is about 20 or 21 years old, lives at home, works in a daycare, and is an expert quilter. Her specialty is 'wedding quilts' hand embroidered with the names of the bride and groom, and their wedding date. ( What's a double wedding ring pattern?) She spent a year at Bible college, but decided to move back home because she didn't like the 'atmosphere'.

I wanted to giggle maniacally. I kept thinking that in their circles it just might be an issue remembering the name of the person you just married, since you likely only met them a few times - so having it on the bedcovering might be a good idea.

Really - where on earth will you find a more rarefied atmosphere than a small, conservative Bible college? Should we all just be locked in closets with our Bibles and wedding quilts until Christ returns?

I accept that there are families more conservative than mine. I accept there are those more liberal. I regret that I feel the need to giggle and roll my eyes at some of the antics of both. I'm a rotten 'not nice' Christian lady.

~M.E.

1 comment:

medic3327 said...

No, it's called realism sis live with it. Maybe if more people had a clue and acted less like sheep following the latest trend or politician this country would'nt be in the situation it's in!!