Monday, March 30, 2009

News Experiment

I've started a bit of an experiment about 'news' reading. For a few days I've been glancing at headlines on several news sources - from the left to the right - MSNBC, NYT, CNN, FOX news, Instapundit, Drudge Report. ( I'm looking for a lefty blogger to fill out the far left spot to balance Drudge, but haven't found one I can stomach yet. The Daily KOS just pi$$es me off.)

The idea is to see what is considered newsworthy depending on your political point of view. I am considering adding a non-American news source to the mix - like BBC - but one that reports expensively on American issues. I try to spend 5-10 minutes or less on each site, just enough to scan the headlines and take a few notes and look at the lead pictures.

Let me know in the comments if you have any ideas about what I might add to make this experiment more interesting - I plan on doing this for about two weeks, then I'll pontificate on what I've observed.

~M.E.

2 comments:

vxbush said...

Some ideas:

* Politico is left of center, but does report fairly well on conservative events. Politics only.

* I would consider the BBC left of center based on how it reports issues in Israel and Gaza.

* SkyNews might be a reasonable alternative to BBC.

No great ideas on who to read on the left, though.

Kate said...

For liberal views/news I suggest www.buzzflash.com. This was a client of mine, out of Chicago. He was always exciting to work with on projects.