Tuesday, April 29, 2008

TeenPact: Day 2

So Far, So Good.

Teen Girls as a group, are pigs - But I suppose everyone knows that it takes more than 1 hour, 20 minutes to get out of the house in the morning. We - meaning the other mom I have staying and me - managed to get them herded out on time, but the detritus lies deep over the house. Someone even left a 1/2 eaten apple on my desk.

So, I'll spend a few hours today cleaning up and preparing for the evenings onslought. I've already rounded up the trash and removed it, loaded and started the dishwasher, started the towels.

my towel hint if you have large amounts of company visiting: Gather all of the used, damp towels and put them through a HOT rinse with a quart of white vinegar, dry, fold, and return them to their places. This stops the house from getting skanky from a dozen towels trying to dry, saves water from washing every day, and the repeated vinegar rinses makes them nice and soft by the end of the week.

Next, I have to do the cat boxes, vacuum, and work on dinner for tonight. After that? I'll have several hours to just relax...

~M.E.

No comments: